Saturday, November 17, 2012

First Post!

Well, I guess everyone has to start somewhere. Here we go...
This week our school received letters written by students in 1988, 25 years ago. They had written the letters during National Education Week after thinking about how students thought the world (including school) would be different in 25 years.  I was student teaching in 1988.  I couldn't remember anything being much different in education, other than computers. How much I had forgotten!  The first thing I noticed about the letters was the handwriting!  Oh yeah, we used to teach handwriting!  My students today couldn't even read them because they were in cursive.  The students of 1988 predicted that we would have personal servant robots, flying cars, and use the computer for almost everything.  We live in a small town, so some of the signatures of 1988 students (now in their 30's) were recognized by my students.  One of my students even found his uncle's name!  My students decided they wanted to write letters of their own to the students 25 years in the future.  I love it when they come up with my lesson plans for me!

2 comments:

  1. What a precious lesson! I love the idea and that the letters survived that long and were used. Happy to be your newest blog follower.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Having a follower is pretty exciting stuff! I'll come over and check out your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete