Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yep!  I'm joining the Clutter Free Classroom Project.  This is a challenge from The Clutter Free Classroom Blog.  The first step is taking pictures of cluttered areas of your classroom.  This is stressful! It sometimes becomes easy to live with a few junky areas.  However, I decided the junk areas stress me out enough that it is worth taking the time to just do it.  So, today, in an effort to avoiding grading the journals stacked beside my desk, I got started.  I snapped some before pictures of the bookshelf beside my desk and the counter behind my desk.  These two areas seem to be where I stack all the extra paperwork I somehow end up with and don't know what to do with.  (You know, the handouts you get at meetings that you know you won't look at again, but it seems like you should keep them.)  Then I started trying to organize everything into binders.  More binders.  Suddenly, I looked at my desk and chair and realized I had made a huge mess.  I should have taken a picture of that!  Then I got overwhelmed.  Luckily our resident organized Type A teacher came by and was excited to help me keep going.  She got me over the hump and I was able to finish.  I do feel so much better now that it is done.  It may inspire me to look inside my big closet/cabinet and take some pictures.  Maybe not.  We'll see.
My bookshelf - Before.  Messy, messy, messy.

Close up of my "organization"


The counter behind my desk - Before
After!  I decided to put my organizer bins on the counter.  I wasn't using them where they were on my bookshelf. My organizer teacher friend said they were probably in the wrong place.  I moved them in the hopes that I will actually use them as I intend now.

Bookshelf - After!  Much better.  Still need to work on making those binders look better. Next on the list, find some color coordinating binders.  

1 comment: