Saturday, February 16, 2013


Wow, it's been three weeks since I've done anything on my blog!  In a good way, I've been very busy!  I was fortunate to be nominated for Kansas Teacher of the Year.  This is very flattering, but it takes so much work to complete the nomination form.  I find it hard to complete, knowing I am not doing anything different than what almost all teachers do every day.  I recently started reading through the Teachers Pay Teachers sellers' forum.  When I see all of these awesome teachers and their creative ideas, it makes me think that I am unworthy of this honor.  I will get it done though!  My blog may feel a little neglected for a little while.

The other things that has been taking my time is applying to Learnzillion as a Dream Team Teacher.  If you haven't visited this site, you should.  Teachers from around the country have created thousands of video/powerpoint lessons all aligned with the Common Core.  For reading, there are anchor texts that each lesson is based on.  The best part... everything is FREE!  They are currently choosing 200 more teachers to develop more lessons.  The application is quite lengthy and includes making a sample lesson in the Learnzillion format.  Another time sucker!  I will get it done though!  (Sounds familiar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment