Thursday, March 21, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted!

Yes, #2 is the lie.  I wasn't tricky at all I guess.  I was just so impressed with myself that I looked up where the Olympics were that year and everything, but I didn't fool you smarties.  I really did win a trip to Rio which was awesome.  I also worked in a tractor store when I quit college (I did return obviously) and met Goober.  I even had to wear HeeHaw overalls.  If you are much younger than me, you probably don't even know what HeeHaw is.  I'm off to other blogs that linked up to see the lies.  Have a good week!





During Spring Break, I've had a fun time finding and reading new blogs.  I came across a fun linky party while visiting Mandy at Caffeine and Lesson Plans.  She had linked up with Latoya at Flying Into First Grade with a Get Acquainted Linky.  Since I want to make some friends in the blogging world, I thought I would join in the fun!  So this week is:


2 Truths and a Lie
How it Works:
Think of 3 things about yourself or your life. You should make 2 of them truths and 1 of them a lie. You can list them on your post in any order. Do NOT give the answer yet in your post. People will try guess your lie in your in the comments of your post. So remember to be very creative so that it is hard for people to get it right. At the end of the week you can share the answer in your comments from the post or include it in a post you make at the end of the week.

Here are mine:

1. I once won an all expenses paid trip to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

2. I was the silver medalist in downhill skiing in the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan.

3. I once met George Lindsay (Goober from Mayberry!) while working in a Tractor Supply Store.

I have to say, I think I did a pretty good job disguising the lie.  Take your guesses!

6 comments:

  1. I am going with #2 as the lie. I am your newest follower.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going with #2 also because it would 15 years of teaching going back to 1998 and you say you have been teaching for 21 years but of course you could have taken some time off of teaching to purse this dream. Too much thinking going into this one. Can't wait to see which is the lie.
    I am also a teacher in Kansas but I teach 2nd grade.
    Tammy
    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also going to say #2. But then you said you did a good job disguising the lie and that was so easy that I'm wondering if I'm wrong? I am thinking too much. Can't wait to see which one it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that 3 is the lie. It seems random enough to be true, but it sounds like you are trying to keep us on our toes! I am terrible at this. New to your blog. I will be going to creep your posts! Following you now:)

    Brandi
    My Teacher Friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going with #2 as well! I know you are a really good at water skiing....which is sorta the same, right? However....I don't think you are silver medalist good...haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! You know I love your new blog....so I am nominating you for the Liebster award. It is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers....hop on over to my blog to read up on the rules. :)

    http://sparkingthemind.blogspot.com/

    Katie

    ReplyDelete