Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Liebster Award




Well I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Katie from Mind Sparks. She is so darn sweet. She tells me that the Liebster Award is awarded to new bloggers with less than 200 followers.  Well, evidently there are different versions of the rules.  This is what Katie posted.
In order to receive the award the recipient must:
  • Post 11 things about themselves.
  • answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated for the award
  • Choose 11 people and link them in your post, and go to their blog and tell them.
  • You can't choose people that have already been chosen! In other words---no tag backs!
So I found "other" rules that say you only need to nominate 3-5 other blogs.  I will get busy looking for 11, but no promises.  Here are my 11 things about me.  (Yawn...)
1.  I've been happily married to my fun husband for 28 years!  That is a long time!!  We were seriously teenagers when we got married.  Thank goodness my own kids are not following us in those footsteps.
2.  Speaking of kids... I have two boys, 22 and 18.  The 18 year old is graduating in a few weeks.  The 22 year old is serving in the Air Force.  He is home right now for a few days, and then he's off to Oman for 6 months.  Boo.
3.  My newest obsession is creating/perfecting activities from my classroom to sell on Teachers Pay Teachers.  I am addicted.  I love all the collaboration between teachers in the forums.  I now have "forum friends". 
4.  My favorite vacation spot is Shell Knob, MO.  We rent the same cabin/house every years, sometimes several times a year, on Tablerock Lake.  Can't wait for the next visit in June.
5.  I love water skiing.  Actually, now I love inland surfing.  That's where you are on a surfboard behind a boat... with no handles!  It is so fun.
6.  I'm like the oldest teacher at my school.  I don't like that and don't feel like it could be true, but it is.
7.  I love yoga.  Hot yoga especially.  Currently working on a new type of headstand.
8.  I use yoga in my classroom when kids look lazy.  
9.  I am a big KU Jayhawk fan during basketball season.  Isn't everyone?  They rock.
10.  I do a cartwheel in my classroom occasionally.  My theory...if you do a cartwheel everyday, you will be able to do one when you are 90.  

My Answers to Katie's questions.
1. What is your favorite book? Why?   The Bible.  It is one book you can read everyday for your whole life and you can still find new applications.

2. Who is your hero and why? (Doesn’t have to be famous).  My friend Linda.  A great teacher and mentor who passed away last year.  Such an inspiration.

3. What is your dream job?  Creating lesson activities and ideas from home.

4. Where would you travel if you could go anywhere? I would love to go to Hawaii.  Anywhere tropical with a luxury resort.

5. If you won the lottery, how would you spend it?  I really think I would give a lot of money to family and friends.  Then I would buy my luxury resort on the tropical island and move in.

6. How would your friends describe you?  Old, haha.  No, probably just strange.

7. What are some of your hobbies?  Reading, cooking, creating lessons
8. Cat or dog? Coke or Pepsi?  Cat (but starting a strange pull towards small dogs) and I could go either way on Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.  I really don't think I can tell the difference.  Usually I buy Diet Pepsi.

9. What is your most embarrassing moment? When my leg fell asleep during a math class in college.  I got up to sharpen my pencil and splatted!  My friend had an asthma attack from laughing.  Quite a disruption!

10. What is one of your goals in life?  To retire to Tablerock Lake and still be able to surf and ski.  Also, would love to write a book.

11. What is your favorite color?  I just like the "Brights".  All of them together.

My Questions for other bloggers:

1.  What is your favorite "fast food"?
2.  Favorite time of the year and why.
3.  What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?  (what free time?)
4.  E readers or old fashioned books?
5.  What is your favorite comfort food?
6.  Do you work in the summer?
7.  Funniest classroom moment.
8.  Favorite reality show.
9.  What is your classroom pet peeve?
10.  What is the most interesting thing about you?

Blogs I'm nominating:

Adventures in Third Grade

Exploring Third Grade








1 comment:

  1. I loved reading the answers to your questions!! :) The one about your leg falling asleep literally made me LOL! haha....I am still laughing!

    ReplyDelete