Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fun Cause/Effect Activity



Has anyone else ever used these commercials for teaching cause/effect?  We had so much fun with this writing activity today. I played a couple of these commercials and had the kids follow along, writing the cause/effect in a graphic organizer.  They loved it!  Next, I had them use a blank graphic organizer to write their own commercial using the same cause/effect format.  Next, they used powerpoint and google images to make the commercial for the class to see.  I think the "get" cause/effect now. 

9 comments:

  1. I found you through TBTS! I love the blog! I teach 5th grade, so it's nice to see a blog I might get info from!

    Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower.
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i try to play the video it says "private"....any idea what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here....video is private :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about that "private" video girls! It wasn't private when I posted it, but evidently it changed. So, I posted another video which actually shows several of the same type of commercial. Hopefully this one will work for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, these commercials are entirely inappropriate for elementary or middle school students. Does anyone know of any commercials that would be more age appropriate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. There are plenty of Direct TV commercials to choose from. The ones above are not the only ones they have. Here is one that is just funny, not inappropriate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHs8OlXBFVs

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete