Monday, December 1, 2014

Currently December

Man, December already!  I guess I'm getting a head start on my new year resolution to blog more.  Today I'm linking up with Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade with a "Currently" post.  This is my first!


Listening - Thanks to my teaching partner for the heads up about Coffee shop soundtrack on Pandora!  Listening to this makes everything better, including cleaning house!  Love it!

Loving - Moving into a new home has inspired me to get rid of my tired, old tree decorations (actually my tired, old TREE as well).  I spent some time on Saturday shopping for a new tree and all the decorations.  I love a fancy, "themey" tree, but my family is all about traditional green and red.  I compromised by buying a skinny, 5 foot tree for my family room and filling it with fancy, shiny teal/turquoise/silver ornaments.  The "real" tree is a little more traditional with gold and red decorations.  I haven't added my ornaments yet, but I love it so far.



Thinking - Whew!  It seems like when you travel on holiday breaks, you really don't feel like you had any time off! 

Wanting-A little warmer weather, please!  Saturday it was 70+ degrees, today....30's!  For the love!

Needing-  Winter is a great motivator to go to hot yoga.  I can hardly wait to get in that 95 degree room. 

Giving- One of my favorite parts of my Thanksgiving break was crafting.  I'm not much of a crafter usually, but my step mom is crafter extraordinaire!  She taught me how to do a mixed media project on canvas.  I created this for my mother in law.  This would have been their 60th anniversary, but her husband passed away five years ago.  I found their wedding picture and a form listing their children.  I made photocopies of these and then used ink to age them up a bit.  I was really happy with the final product.   My mind is now going crazy with ideas!  So much fun!





6 comments:

  1. Welcome to Currently! It is one of my favorite linky parties! I agree this break went by way too fast! At least Christmas break is just around the corner. I am with you on the themey trees - I would love one, but hubby and the boys are more Clark Griswold when it comes to Christmas decorations - a wild mish-mash of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Shari,
    I love Currently Link Up!! It's my favorite monthly blogging link up to do...fairly new to the blogging world though. I love your trees...the colors are beautiful. Here in Hawaii is cooling down to the low 70s sometimes high 60s'...I am in love with this cooler weather. It was a hot summer for us. I love your gift you made for your mother in law...it's beautiful! Wishing you the merriest of holidays this season.

    Julie
    Kindergarten To The Core

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shari, thanks for stopping by and showing some love! I want to wish you good luck too on our goal of blogging more, and to let you know that craft you made is GORGEOUS! Keep up the beautiful work :)

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooo I like the new tree.....it is so "Shari" ....with her modern flair! :) So glad you decided to link up with Currently....I loved reading your thoughts and seeing your pictures!! :) See you tomorrow friend!!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I happened to chance upon your blog and found it very interesting!

    We have recently launched a science app that uses augmented reality to enhance classroom teaching. The app has 3D models for kindergarten to grade 12. I thought you might want to check it out and may be review it on your blog, if possible.

    It is a paid app(with a few models free) but in case you are interested in trying it out I will be happy to provide you with a free copy.

    The link to the app is:

    iPhone/iPad
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmenter-augmented-reality/id997354409?ls=1&mt=8

    android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.augmented.android

    You can also search for the app on the app store as 'Augmenter'.

    Do let me know if you would be interested. I am really Looking forward to your response.

    happy teaching!

    Antara
    antara@augmenterapp.com
    http://augmenterapp.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new tree.....it is so "Shari"
    http://www.afu.ac.ae/en/professional-development/

    ReplyDelete