Sunday, November 22, 2015

Milestone Celebration!


Hey everyone!  I'm celebrating today.  I've reached a milestone in my TpT Store!  To celebrate, I'm throwing a 20% off everything in the store today!  And, the best part..... I'm giving away one of my favorite products for FREE!  All you have to do is go download it here.   
 Like I said, this is one of my favorite items.  I created this out of NEED.  My students struggled to summarize effectively.  I tried using the Somebody, Wanted, But, So, Then strategy, but many times the passages didn't really fit that set up.  So, I wrote my own passages, making sure to follow that exact format.  This gave my students enough practice and success that they were able to summarize other passages as well.  I also tried to make the passages engaging and short enough for students to read.  The theme of the passages is "little known heroes".  Each passage can also be used to give students an opportunity for a short research project.  I give them an overview of the "hero", but the amazing stories of courage and determination will leave students wanting to know more about these inspiring people.  So go get yours and try it out.  Let me know what you think!  Happy Thanksgiving~




1 comment: